Thursday, August 18, 2011

Adventures With Mom!

My mom came to Juneau to visit me! She's been going with me on my tours and we've been having a really fun time. Yesterday, I had two hiking trips in a row, so she ended up hiking ten miles! Way to go, mom! Here are some pictures from our adventures.


After a VERY rainy hike, my mom examines a 250-year-old piece of glacial ice by the lake.


Mom by AJ falls.


Mom hiked to the top on the West Glacier Trail! What a view!


Out on the water, looking for whales.


Some lovely watermelon berries hanging from twisted stalk. The entire plant is edible and tastes like cucumber. The berries have a very watery taste with a hint of sweetness. After demonstrating that they were safe to eat, mom got to try some too!


Yummy!


Mom also got to tag along while I practiced my driving skills. I'll soon be taking my test to obtain my commercial driver's license, so I'll get to drive buses! This is the bus we cruised around town in: Fleck!


Oh my goodness.. I'm behind the wheel of a bus! Stay off the streets, AND the sidewalks!

We have been sighting MANY bears.. every day! Here are some photos of a black bear we saw at the beginning of East Glacier Trail, fishing for salmon in the creek.




We found a really big dead salmon lying on the ground. Kind of felt sorry for the poor thing. So of course we took a picture!


Here's a timid little owl mom spotted. He was up in the corner of a wooden overhang, trying to stay out of the rain. She captured a pretty nice photo of it!


Mom took this next lovely photo as well. This cascading waterfall is usually only a small trickle on the rock. That's how much it's been raining lately!


We still have a lot more planned, so stay tuned for more adventures with mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments or questions, just type them in this box! We'd love to see them!