Friday, March 9, 2012

Our New Home

Hi there!  It's Jonny with my first update ever.

We finally got our own place in Juneau!  It's a nice condo in between downtown and the valley. Let me show you where that is.

Here is where Juneau is located in the state of Alaska.


And here is where our new condo is located in relation to downtown Juneau (where Audrey works.) I work in the valley, which is in the opposite direction. We are the black star on the map. Auke Bay, to the northwest of our condo, is where the ferry dropped us off when we arrived.  For scale, we are about 5 miles from downtown Juneau.


  Here is what it looks like!

The complex.  We live in the Tongass National Forest.
We are on the bottom.

The front door.  We already moved some boxes inside.

Our kitchen!

A decent amount of closet space.

Want to be our guest?  We have a guest room!

Oh yes... how nice it is to have a washer and dryer.
I get a lot of people asking me what the weather is like.  I think a video of the view from our living room windows will give you a good idea.

I hope you enjoyed my first post!

-Jonny

2 comments:

  1. You guys have a really nice place! I'm jealous =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your first post Jonny. Looks like a really nice place. Thanks for posting.
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete

If you have comments or questions, just type them in this box! We'd love to see them!