Sunday, April 7, 2013

Reaching the Peak!

Hi everybody! I made a HUGE accomplishment today! I reached the PEAK at Eaglecrest! And it was totally worth it- the views were absolutely INCREDIBLE!

You can see the Gastineau Channel down below the snowy mountains.


I thought that these snow-caked trees were amazing! The weight of the snow that coats these trees really weighs them down, making them grow strangely. That's why alpine trees will look twisted.


Everything at the top looks like this.


I liked the texture of the ice crystals on  the trees.



The blaring sunlight beamed down on us. It was wonderful!


Part of the slope.


More trees.


Beautiful mountains.


The low clouds kept changing the light.


Williwaw was the first run I tried. It's one of the easier ones.


Even more trees!


Jonny kept by my side for encouragement! I'm so glad I'm able to keep up with him now!


More sun.


And another view of these strange trees.


We bumped into some friends on the slopes! Here they are riding up the Ptarmigan chair.


Gorgeous scenery.


So happy to have made it!


More of the skiing area.


Sunny lift chairs!


Snowy mountains that stretch for miles.


I'm rather proud of this one. I think the snowy hillsides look like huge sand dunes.


My new favorite run! Cheechako! Note the blue square.. it's an intermediate run!


Snowy shadow down the steep slope.


Another intermediate slope. Motherlode!


I had a FANTASTIC day. I can't wait to do it again next weekend!


1 comment:

If you have comments or questions, just type them in this box! We'd love to see them!