Friday, September 21, 2012

Marshmallow Rivers and Marmalade Skies

I went up the tram with a group on an overcast day for a tour. At sea level, the sky was completely white and the lighting was very dim. I assumed that the views would be terrible and the sky would be drab at the top. Boy was I surprised!! We passed up through a cloud to a beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds. The thick layer of cloud below looked like a giant river of marshmallow.


You can see how the tram cables disappear through the layer of cloud.


The channel filled with clouds!



Later, I was scheduled for a Guide's Choice. The ship that my guests were from was chartered by Olivia, a lesbian travel agency. It was a BLAST! I led 15 beautiful women on the West Glacier Trail and had the most fun I've had all season. When they had originally climbed into my bus, a few of the ladies glanced at their bus driver (me) and whispered to each other, "SCORE!" Hahaha.. what can I say? These girls just wanted to have fun! And we sure did!



And this evening while driving home, I glanced out the window to this masterpiece. This picture just doesn't do it justice! The sky above the Chilkat Mountains looked like it was on fire. It was a bright neon orange and huge rays of bright orange were shooting out of it, spread out like a giant fan.


That's about all I've been up to lately! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments or questions, just type them in this box! We'd love to see them!