Monday, October 3, 2011

Haleakala Crater Hike

We hiked the Haleakala Crater yesterday, and it was quite a hike! At a length of 10 miles with an elevation change of about 1,500 ft, it doesn't sound so bad. This hike was HARD- the elevation change was quite unusal for me. We started at about 8,000 ft and descended to somewhere around 6,500 ft. On the way back up, I really felt that elevation change! It became incredibly hard to breathe during the ascent, and the higher we got, the more breaks I had to take. I just couldn't catch my breath! Being used to hiking at sea level, I've never felt anything like this. So here are tons of pictures, and a really long video that probably only my parents will want to see. :)

Enjoy the scenery!

Crater Hike



























Hope you enjoyed it! We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments or questions, just type them in this box! We'd love to see them!