Sunday, May 22, 2011

What a way to start out my 24th year!

Today is my 24th birthday. It's bound to be a very special one for me, since I won't be home for much longer. I have one week left before I move to Juneau, Alaska for the summer.

I wonder what it will be like, working as a tour guide naturalist. I will, after all, be working for the largest touring company in Alaska, so it's sure to be an adventure! I'm told that I'll be leading people to within a few feet of bears, traveling to distant glaciers, and witnessing gigantic whales breaching in the Alaskan waves. Alaska has so much to offer, and is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I just can't believe that I have the opportunity to see it all for myself and drink in each magnificent sight. One week. Just one more week.

I've created this blog so that everyone back home can keep track of what I'm up to and know that I'm safe. If you like adventure, be sure to check back often. It's bound to be a wild ride..

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so exciting! What a way to see the marvels of God's creation. Have a great time and be safe!

    ReplyDelete

If you have comments or questions, just type them in this box! We'd love to see them!